Friday 8 June 2012

Magical Monsoon Of Mumbai


Scorching heat, sweaty and smelly shirt I loaded in the crowded train as I tagged along the pole to gasp for air which was followed by a rowdy voice which yelled at me “ Oye thoda Hawa aane de” forcing me to take a step back as I grinned and cursed the raging sun. On my way towards an interview, I was left with a tanned face and sweaty body, still struggling for fresh air in that crunched compartment. Somehow I clambered on the Railway Bridge to call for an auto, the bumpy ride on Mumbai’s traffic jam + potholed roads left me = with a backache which miffed me further. I presented myself to the interviewer but I think I dint click off well, I was expecting for his positive response though it didn’t work out and I was left with sheer disappointment.

The very next day I was back to work in a disappointed state, with the feeling of disastrous and embarrassing failure, still wandering for yesterday’s debacle, left with no answers but bewilderment. As I was trying to gain control on my bizarre thoughts, the sky was filled with dark clouds, Birds hurriedly flying to their nests, vehicles started moving swiftly, I could see children running to the terraces of their buildings, folks scrambling to get the clothes drying on the window’s cloth-line inside, and It left a smile on my face... It was time. Mumbai monsoon had arrived.

And within no time, it began raining... Heavily...! I ran straight to the terrace... The feeling when the first drops of rain trickled down my face, played maze through my hair, and wet my clothes, was... Amazing..!!. It was ecstatic, euphoric, happy, joyous and what not! Still, these words can't completely describe that feeling. You have to feel it, to know it.





Couldn't stop gazing at the orange sky... Wondering how it rained from within the sunny sky! Mist surrounded the far-ends of the city... The railway headlight was visible dizzying away...
Through the water, memories, moments, people, situations and events seemed to have a flash back in my mind... The gushing winds hitting the face... The striking of the raindrops with force against the eye-lids... Blissful..! Often, the pain you get when the raindrops hit your face with amazing force seems like a punishment that you don't want to get through. At others, it's sheer pleasure.

Suddenly, the sun set and I could see the colors of the sky change swiftly from orange to silver to dark gray... And that's when I returned back to home...

It was about everything else, too. It always is. It's about happiness. It's about love. It's about washing away the sadness. It's about a celebration.

It's something much more than just a rain... It's a way of life...

It never ends with the rain... It's a feeling that you take with yourself, for the rest of your life... It's the magic of it which surrounds your life...

It's the realms and dreams of a beautiful day, the way hope refills in us, the way we feel happy that's so magical about it... Yes, most of us love the monsoon. Beyond the wet clothes, wrong timed rains, wet footwear, puddles of water, cold, cough and fever that usually follows, we all love it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hi!! when you leave..Would love to know about your views!!